Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
时间:2023-12-05 19:16:02 出处:게임阅读（143）
The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is poised to illuminate the intricate challenges posed by globalized risks in an era shaped by the intricate interplay of pandemics, climate change and economic downturns.
Under the theme "Globalization of risks, how to make the world safer?" the three-day gathering will bring together some 150 distinguished thought leaders, including scholars, government officials and business experts across relevant fields, to deliberate on solutions for what is termed today as "compound globalized risks." The term encapsulates the multifaceted crisis, and underscores urgency of collaborative action from diverse fields.
Jointly hosted by the Health Ministry, Incheon Metropolitan City, Seoul National University, Yonsei University and Ewha Womans University, the forum also aims to come up with a future smart health city model.
Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, and experts from various domains will speak at the forum.
Keynote speeches by Ji Young-mi, head of the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and Jeremy Rifkin, head of the nonprofit organization The Foundation on Economic Trends, will address strategies for addressing future pandemics and climate crises.
- Seoul Art Center highlights next
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- [Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
- Hamas releases two US hostages with hope for more
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- '이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"